For Our Global Environment
Environmental Management Activities
The Taisei Corporation Group endeavors to conserve and create the environment through our core business of the construction industry, and we implement environmental management activities in order to promote pioneering environmental projects. We are working to reduce the environmental risks and impacts by setting specific environmental management targets (Taisei Agenda) based on the Environmental Policies*1 we established in 1996. We are also promoting biodiversity preservation and environmental contribution activities, and in 2010 we established the Declaration of TAISEI on Biodiversity Preservation*2.
Environmental Policies and Promotion Organization
With the group philosophy of "To create a vibrant environment for all members of society," Taisei Corporation, through its construction activities, strives for the development of quality social infrastructure and the improvement of the living environment in harmony with Nature. As environmental problems worldwide increase, Taisei Corporation's business activities are necessarily a part of the burden on the environment. With these environmental management principles as a guide, and working for an environmentally sensitive society, Taisei Corporation and its group companies strive for "Environmental Protection and Innovation," and promote "Pioneering Environmental Projects" in all corporate activities.
- We shall prevent environmental pollution through compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and agreements and, through the effective application of our Environmental Management System (EMS), expand and continually improve environmental conservation activities.
- We shall develop environmental technologies that contribute to the realization of a low-carbon society, the conservation of biological diversity, and the formation of a recycling-based society, and use these technologies to benefit our clients and resolve environmental problems.
- During both planning and design phases, we shall give proper consideration to global and regional environments, and propose to our clients the creation of facilities that harmoniously coexist with the natural environment, conserve energy and resources throughout their life-cycle, and reduce CO2 emissions.
- During construction, we shall reduce CO2 emissions, give proper consideration to biological diversity, and promote the efficient use of resources, thereby reducing the burden on the environment. In cooperation with specialty contractors and business partners, we shall promote the 3R of construction byproducts (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle), along with other environmental conservation activities.
- We shall communicate effectively with local communities, and as a worthy corporate citizen, contribute to the conservation of regional environments.
- We shall proactively cooperate with other nations and NGO / NPO's in creating and protecting the environment.
1 Issued in 1996 by the name of CEO.
Declaration of Taisei Corporation on Biodiversity Preservation
Based on the Taisei Group Ideal "To create a vibrant environment for all members of society," and in order to remain an organization that learns from and cares for nature, TAISEI proclaims the following action policy.
- Analyze the risks the Company's construction activities pose to biological resources and the ecosystem, utilize environmental management systems, and minimize the impact of those risks to the maximum extent possible.
- Develop environmental technologies to preserve and re-create biodiversity, and utilize those technologies with clients to sustain ecological services.
- Perform urban development and facilities design that coexists in harmony with nature, and aggressively submit proposals that serve to preserve and increase biodiversity.
- Cooperate with business associates, including specialty subcontractors, in pursuing biodiversity preservation.
- Promote communication with local communities, cooperate with domestic / overseas NGO / NPO’s engage in proactive biodiversity conservation activities, and disclose the accomplishments of those activities.
2 Issued in 2010 by the name of CEO.
FY 2015 Environmental Management Promotion System Organization Chart
3 Central Safety Committee: Since FY 2012, environmental incidents are investigated and discussed by the Central Safety Committee.
4 CCMO: Chief Carbon Management Officer
5 Division Environmental Committee: Established in some divisions
★ Targets certified as the "Eco-First Commitments" to Japan's Minister of the Environment
: Key Performance Indicator
Taisei Corporation operates an EMS in compliance with ISO 14001:2015 and develops the Taisei Agenda, the annual environmental management targets on a company-wide basis, under the President's name every year based on risks and opportunities that have been identified.
Since FY2014, we have announced "TAISEI Green Target 2020/2050" as our medium- to long-term environmental target in view of the role of the construction industry in creating the ideal future of the global environment.